From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2011 11:34:12 -0400
Dear Bev and Nicky,

I have three greeting to see to this evening, so while they may be
shorter then usual, they will still be from the heart.

As I sit here, on my front porch, looking over the grass that is
beginning to turn green, and the tree's which have grown beautiful pink
flowers, which will give way to leaves in a short time, and the crisp
air is nearly gone as well. Spring is here at the Rainbow Bridge, and
it is every bit as magical as you can imagine.

I could see my brother Hobbes coming up the walk way, sneezing up a
storm - allergies, poor fellow - and he was grumbling as well. He is
a right old grouch, but we would not have him any other way, he was a
grouch when he came into my family's life and he hasn't changed much
since he came here. So here he is, sneezing and still able to deliver
Mortisha's scroll, and mumbling all the way. I was polite enough to
wait for him to leave before laughing.

See up here we get notice when a fuzzit is on their way, and that
gives us time to round up that fuzzits family - in this case Jango
and Mortisha's dear friend Farrance. Most of the time, as with right
now, the loved one's find me before I find them.

So even as I was beginning to read the scroll, I had Jango and Farrance
in my lap, and of course we couldn't help but war dance ourselves into
a Dookfest - it really is as fun as it sounds - and it's also a way of
saying hello, getting to know you. There are many wonderful fuzzits
here and when I am called upon to do a greeting, I get a chance to meet
them. Meeting Jango and Farrance gave me a chance to also learn about
the both of you - For instance you are both great mum's, both gave LOTS
of great fuzzy love, plenty of treats and wonderful care and copious
amounts of hugs and kisses.

We miss these things when we are gone, but we know that in time, a
blink of an eye for us, you will be here and we will be back together
again. I most certainly tell you that Jango and Farrance are looking
forward that day, but until then they are just as happy to be here for
Mortisha.

The three of us made our way to the Bridge and were showered with
slowly falling petals, and by the time we made it to the Bridge,
we had paws full of them to toss on Mortisha when she arrived .....

 ..... and that's exactly what we did, as she crossed over the Bridge
to our side, we showered her with petals, and also with love, Farrance
more then anyone, because he confessed on his way here that he was
really sweet on her.

Mortisha made it here.

She said she went to sleep, like she did each night, warm, safe and
knowing she was adored, and when she woke up, she was here. There was
no pain, no struggling with her illness, just a blissful dream of her
mom and family.

She told me that she loved you, will always love you, will always
remember you and will carry her memories of you with her all the days
of her new life here. She knows you will be reunited one day, and that
made her feel so much better, made me feel better too.

(Huge fuzzit smile)

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah