Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:58:57 -0400
Hi all!!! Just a quick diddy about Rickie. He is my 6 yr. old with
Adrenal issues. Rickie started looking pretty bad here - a few months
back. He was losing body fat, looked like a pear, and his fur was
scratchy enough to be rival with the fur of a bear. He wasn't really
losing any fuzz, but he sure was looking pretty rough there. We began
to supplement Melatonin in his food, but it wasn't working really well.
Well, we found the VERY BESTEST VET IN ALBUQUERQUE (Dr. Levinson) who
did a melatonin implant for the Rickster. At first we noticed no
difference......and even after a month, there was no real noticable
diff, except that he was eating more. Well, 2 months later, I am HAPPY
AS A PIG IN MUD to report that Rickie has put on 1.5 pounds, and his
fur is not only softer, it is growing at an alarmingly fast rate! The
color is lighter, but hey - its' fur so we'll take it! He is bouncy
again, finally weighs enough to not be blown over in a strong breeze,
and looks so damn healthy it makes me cry!!! What a wonderful wonderful
implant! What a fantastic vet for suggesting we do this, in lieu of
surgery. See, Rickie was a "beginning" adrenal problem. Not full blown,
but slowly was heading that way. Dr. Levinson said that for now - we
do the implant and see what happens. What happened is a miracle and we
are so incredibly lucky to have our Rickster back to the furry, soft,
cuddly, and "finally weighs more than a wet noodle" self! Yeeeeehawww!!

Now - ahem. Is there no interest in the ABQ meetup? I have had maybe 2
people contact me, via email - but no other takers. Is anyone out there
interested in getting together for a ferret get-together, picnic here
in the Duke City? Please let me know kids! If I don't get any other
takers, then I will assume that no one is interested!

Happy Dooking all!

Kim and her army of idiots + ONE FUZZY WUZZY RICKY!

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what
I want.....