From:
Caroline Worrall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 09:13:52 -0600
This is actually a random one and I haven't seen anything on it before in
the FML.  Has anyone else noticed a color change in their ferrets after a
bout with ECE?

Sarah is a Silver Mitt who gets almost dark enough to be sable in the summer
(except for her white bib and feet) and turns almost white in the winter.
During the vet stay for the ECE, her neck was shaved for blood work and her
bib is growing back in white, but with a black ring of hair around the
edges.  The main part of her body is light grey/yellow, but with a black
stripe down her back and a black tail.  The reason this is weird is she
should be getting darker now instead of lighter.  Could this be from the ECE
or just because she's getting older (she's 5.)?

Also, she's much more affectionate?  When I'm home, she always has to be on
or near me and insists on being picked up every five minutes.  It's very
cute, but can be annoying if I'm trying to do something, like cook dinner.

Caroline (Sarah's well-trained pet)