From:
Judith Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 11:21:02 -0400
My eight year old ferret began to show symptoms of adrenal disease earlier
this year.  It's been progressing steadily.  At a recent check-up, the vet
also discovered a heart murmer.

To top it off, Chloe has developped two growths --one wart-like one on her
foot and one underneath the skin under her jaw.  The vet recommends that
they be removed and analyzed.  She also recommends that they clean her teeth
while they're at it.

In order to do this, she has to be aenesthetized.

I asked the vet about risks and she didn't think they were serious.  They'll
do a radiograph of her heart first to make sure everything there is okay
before proceeding.

I'm still uncomfortable about putting her through this procedure.  Do any
vets have any opinions?  Also, has anybody else been in the situaiton where
they've had to decide whether to treat or not treat a sick animal?  I would
really like to get some feedback from people.

Love to all your fuzzies.

Judith