From:
Amanda Riddlebaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:58:15 -0500
So to my knowledge ferrets gain lots of fur and fat in the winter and
lose it in the spring. It has been warming up here in New Mexico and
my female ferret Mury seems to be getting smaller and smaller. We did
noticed she bulked up a lot when winter came but I'm curious as to if
she is simply losing that excess weight or getting sick. She still
eats, poops, drinks, and is very active. What is odd though, if she's
losing weight gained from winter, why hasn't she shed her winter coat
yet? Is this normal?

I'm awfully paranoid since last fall our ferret Stitches suddenly
became thin and lethargic. We took him to the vet to find out he came
down with anemia very suddenly. He died 4 days later. Since we didn't
have the body autopsied we're still not sure what caused the severe
anemia.

I just hope Mury doesn't have the same thing =(

Thanks,
amanda