From:
Andy & Ziggy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:14:52 -0400
Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue & Shelter

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue & Shelter I opened my doors as a shelter in
September of 1995 my very first rescue was a big time biter!  that is
how I ended up being a rehabilitation shelter...

We are a no-kill shelter that maintains the highest standard of care.  No
ferret will be turned away due to illness, age or conditions.  I make
every effort to settle the misplaced fur kids into loving permanent homes.

People, who are interested in adopting from my shelter, are encouraged to
visit my shelter to meet the ferrets that are ready to go to a new home.

All requests for adoption will be given a screening application prior to
any adoption.  I do my best to place these ferrets in their very last
home.

After your visit to the shelter and the application process we will make
a visit to your home so you must live within three hours driving time of
the shelter.

We do not ship ferrets

I also have a pet supply store at the shelter, and online with only
healthy foods and treats I also have a store on e-bay also the shelter
belongs to the IGive program.

I also board ferrets,all of these things are to help defray the cost of
running this shelter.

We also have a sponsor program for those of you that would like to
sponsor a needy ferret.

The kids that are sponsored are the fur kids that will spend the rest of
their lives here at the shelter.  Each one is either too sick or too old
to leave for a permanent home.

Sponsoring helps pay for daily medication, soup, and/or special needs of
the ferret(s).

I will allow anyone to sponsor any kid that is here.  Even if they have a
shot at being adopted.  The family is notified immediately if the sponsor
kid goes to a 4-ever home.  My thought is this no matter if they are here
forever or not they still need food, medical care and attention, any
sponsor money helps me to do just that so I will allow anyone to be
sponsored.  I do make it clear to the person if they choose a kid (s)
that may go to a 4-ever home so there are no surprises.

How to sponsor a fur Kid!

You choose the ferret (s) you want to sponsor, you choose what you want
to sponsor the ferret for ( what ever you can afford) I do not have a
minimum.  Payments are done on a monthly basis.  Contact me with this
information.  [log in to unmask] .  I will send you sponsor coupons
with your ferrets name, amount you have chosen to sponsor the ferret (s)
for, and the dates for a year.  If you can not continue at some point
you just need to let me know.  Coupons are for proof ( government tax
purposes) that the money is going to the shelter not for making a profit.

I send a bio with the coupon book.  Each payment made to your ferret will
get a Thank you from your ferret (s)... We E-mail thank you's mostly, but
if you prefer we do snail mail thank you's as well.

I hope that this helps you in understanding who we are and what we do.

There will be another post explaining a little further and our wish list
of things that are needed for the shelter.

Thanks for reading this.
Brenda and all the shelter kids that live here

Brenda Johnson
Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue Shelter
7823 Woodville Road
Naples, New York 14512
585-374-8393

International Ferret Congress Vendor Coordinator
http://ferretcongress.org

Lakeroad Ferret Farm E-Bay Store
http://stores.ebay.com/Not-Just-For-Ferrets-Pet-Supplies

IGive Fund Raiser for Lakeroad Ferret Farm
http://www.iGive.com/html/refer.cfm?memberid=284500&amp;causeid=22069

To visit the store.
http://www.ferretfarm.org

Don't have time for a ferret of your own?  You can sponsor one of our fur
kids.

There are new faces at the shelter go take at look at kids looking for
new homes.

Andy-cub reporter, shelter kids, & oh yeah mum too!

Petfinder Page
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NY559.html

Shelter Video
http://www.kwflatbed.com/videos/ferretfarm.wmv