Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 10:35:50 -0400
I know if I had to give any of my ferrets away (perish the thought)
regardless of their habits or disposition I would want an experienced
owner for them.  It is true that I learned as I cared for my group but
as I learned they also learned to have someone who knew what they wanted
caring for them.  I would hate to see them have to go through the new
person learning all over again what they wanted versus what they needed.
There are people who feel adequate food and water and a large cage is all
that ferrets need.  I know I can't imagine ever having to give up my
ferrets.  I think many of the people looking for experienced owners felt
the same way until some event forced them to find a new home.