From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 20:48:21 -0400
Kind folks of the FML my Sota needs your prayers & good wishes.

Yesterday morning when the "boys" were having their outside play time Sota,
my albino boy, who will be 1 year in June, didn't want to stay in the
temporary pen.  He kept climbing up the 2 foot high wire & I kept putting
him back down inside.  Sometimes they do this because they don't want to
poop in the pen.  The last time I went to put him back he dug into my hand
with all four feet & 16 claws, it was like he was clinging for his life.
He really didn't want to go back in there.  So I held him awhile & put him
the carrier I use to tote them back & forth from house to play area.  As
they get tired of playing & come to me to be picked up one by one, I put
them in a carrier until I have them all.  So I didn't think a lot about it.

This morning as soon as I put him in the pen he tried to get out.  I of
course was going to plop him back in & he again clung to me, not wanting to
go.  So I again held him for awhile & then put him in the carrier, which is
right next to my chair.  He stuck his nose out of one of the little holes &
I thought my heart would stop.  His nose was as white as his fur!  I
immediately took him out & checked his paws, his gums & ears, all were
white!  Yelling for Joey, when he got there I showed him & told him he had
to go to Dr. Murphy something was wrong.  The only thing I could connect
with the white nose, paws, ears & gums was anemia.  He went in, called &
made an appointment for this afternoon.

Dr. Murphy immediately took a blood sample & Sota only has 35% red blood
cells.  He said it could be a few things, cancer of the adrenal gland,
cancer of the bone marrow, his own immune system could be destroying them
for some reason, or he has some kind of bacterial disease.  He fought so
hard when they tried to get a blood sample he had to be put under to get
it so Dr. Murphy said he is still quite strong which is in his favor right
now.  He will be staying at the vets over the weekend & more tests will be
done.  So if you could include him in your prayers we would be very
grateful.

This on top of finding out a few weeks ago that George, my "little old man
fert" has cancer of the spine & doesn't have much longer to be with us.
Blossom & Sam just had surgery & thank God are recovering great.  I have no
idea how all you shelter moms & dads manage with illness, hand feedings,
moping up after little ones that can't control themselves, & so on do it
day in & day out.  Or anyone else for that matter but my heart goes out
to you.  You have to be God sent.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels