From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:03:12 EDT
>The little guy is only about 9 weeks old and the tail appears complete
>as if a birth defect.  I am trying to convince my husband that one more
>can fit in our crew.  I was just wondering if anyone had ever heard of or
>seen a ferret with a bobtail (like a Manx cat).  Would this be considered
>a defect - if so I will try to get to him faster so that nothing bad
>comes of him.

Hi Dawn ~

I've heard of various cross-breedings done lately.  I'd get in touch with
the breeder to find out if it is a pure ferret or crossed with something
else.  This weekend a friend of mine visiting Detroit found some baby
prairie dogs for sale in a pet shop.  The owner said they were very
gentle.  When offered to pet a little one, it almost bit his finger off.
No info.  on shots or anything.  Someone just thought it would be a novel
idea to breed them and sell them when they belong in the wild.

Warmly ~
Mary
Herbalist
The Conley Farm - organic herbs