From:
"Courtney J. Scholl" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 09:02:26 -0400
I have finally won!!!  The litter box war is over.  Chloe was fighting me on
this in two ways.  First, she spent hours trying to dislodge the thing from
its corner.  And in any case, she refused to use it.  Well, I bought a
regular cat litter pan and drilled three holes in the sides.  Then I got
some of those plastic lariat/loop things (don't remember what they are
called) and the box to the cage in three locations.  She can no longer get
under the box to dig at it.  Since all 4 sides are high, she can't fling the
litter out anymore but she can dig to her heart's content.  Lastly, I
covered the floor of the cage with towels and made her sleep down there the
past 2 days.  I guess she has decided not to sleep in poop and pee so she
may as well use the box.

Fortunately for her, less so for me, she has found a new pasttime.  Escape
attempts.  I have one of those Midwest Pets cages and she has already spent
20 minutes this morning trying to get the door open.  But thats okay now
that I have so much more free time since I am not always trying to clean up
after her.

Today is teeth cleaning day and ear cleaning too. I can hardly wait. ;)

-Courtney