From:
Gary Reany <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:08:34 -0330
Recently I adopted a third female ferret.  My other two have not yet
accepted her and when ever they meet a noisy scuffle and chase ensues.  I
realise they have to sort out the pecking order before harmony will be
the order of the day.  My ferrets have their own bedroom with access to
an outside run so the new girl can usually stay out of the way of the
other two.  Do I have to confine them in a tight space so that they can
figure out who's alpha?  Would a normal sized ferret cage be too small a
space?  Would I put all three in together, or should I do it two at a
time?  If you can be of help please post or email me directly at

If you would like to see a few pictures of my ferrets and their home
please visit http://www3.nf.sympatico.ca/reany/ferbmain.htm

Thanks

Gary Reany