From:
"Ann D. Phillips" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 21:05:21 -0500
I'm not saying that all petcos are bad and that every turn in to the
ferret shelter system is because of Petco.

What I am hoping is if you see a direct correlation between the shelter
population and impulse purchases of ferrets, by people buying from the big
chains - and want to say something about it.

Do.

A letter to Petco to the board of directors with the specifics on the
shelter overload crisis in your area would be a good thing.  Any incidents
of misinformation from at a store is an important thing to document in a
letter.

I'm not anti-petco.  I think they can help the ferret community by allowing
adoption and education days and stocking quality ferret supplies.

I just feel strongly against the retail sales of companion animals.

Here are the names and titles for the executives, as well as the address
for Petco's main office.

Brian K Devine
Chairman, President and CEO

Larry D. Asselin
Senior Vice President

Richard C. St. Peter
Executive Vice President, CFO and Secretary

William M. Woodard
Senior Vice President

James M. Myers
Senior Vice President, Finance and CAO