From:
Sharon Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 11:38:56 EDT
>Is it true?  I heard that Ferrets where hunted in Germany.

OK OK ROTFLMBO.  Yes its true Ferrets were hunted in Germany.  Just not
in the way you think they were.  The use ferrets in Europe like we use
hunting dogs here.  Over there Ferrets hunt mostly rabbits and some
rodents.  I have several websites on it Its fascinating.  Here my dogs
work hard at keeping the rabbit population down, but even with their
efforts we still counted over 70 rabbits IN MY YARD.  LOL.  I would never
have the guts to try my ferrets out on rabbits.  Although they do well at
catching the occasional escaped hamster and mouse.  And yes without any
prompting the little buggers ate them.  YUCK.

Sharon