From:
Kaye FitzGerald Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 23:13:05 +0100
Hi,I've got a strange question for you....why do our ferrets (which we've
had for about 2 months now) keep trying to bite our soft lovable black
female lurcher,yet swarm all over and lick our male JRT who'd quite happily
chomp on them if I gave him the OK?

I was giving everyone their tea tonight, when Buzz scrambled out of his
cage, into the kitchen where he saw Jess eating her tea and literally took a
flying leap at her, ending up on her shoulder blade.He then war-danced off
backwards with me telling him off.She's in a huff coz she wants to be
friends with them and all they ever do is chase her.It's quite funny to see
them when we're out (like mice chasing elephants!)but why do they do it?As
we're hoping to work them together soon, I'd rather they went after the
rabbits and not Jess!

Any insights or wild guesses gratefully recieved,
    K.