From:
Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:22:34 -0700
Dear Shelley,

My heart goes out to you.  Yes, the pain of losing such precious beings
is horrific, and doesn't go away.  Their little spirits stay in our
hearts forever.  I know that you're hurting so bad right now, the thought
of going through it again and again is unbearable.  I too have cried
buckets while holding a fuzzie that has passed, too many times.It is
precisely that quality of a human that the ferret's need in their lives,
caring, loving, and with them to the end.  Hold tight to the knowledge
that your babe was given all the love, caring and joy you could give, had
the best life a fuzzie could have with you, and she had a happy time, a
good life, up until it was her time to go.  Ferret people, true ferret
people seem to be more caring, and attuned to their fuzzy family members,
and that is what makes it so very hard when they fall ill or pass away.
I have no words to ease your pain, just know that all of us who have lost
loved ones grieve with you for your loss.  You gave Little Bit your love,
and that is what she takes with her over the bridge.

May you walk in beauty, Michelle and the gang of 13

PS Our Maggie is failing, and I will soon be with you in agony.  She is
a treasure,(as are all ferrets), and it is an honor to have her in our
life.  I will continue to take in the sick and the elderly, to love when
no one else wants them, to cuddle, and take massive trips to the Vet, to
wipe their little bottoms when they are no longer able to have control.
I hope that at some point down the road, you might reconsider, and share
your compassion and love, and yes, even pain, with more fuzzies.