From:
Suzanne Rosenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:40:52 -0500
Hello to all.
I don't post but on a very rare occasion and this is one of them.

I was told by a friend recently that Lavender works as an insect and flea
repellant.  I have looked in my herb book and it said nothing along those
lines, so I was wondering if any of you had heard the same thing.

Would it be alright to try the Lavender on my ferrets?  ( I'm talking a
little essential oil between the shoulders or maybe a bath with Lavender
Baby Wash)

I did read in my herb book that I should be able to find something called
"neem" powder to repell fleas and insects, but I have yet to locate any
in my area of Arkansas.  And if I do find some, I don't know if I could
use it on the ferrets.

I would rather use something natural on my ferrets for the few fleas they
do have.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Suzanne with Veesie, Jackson, and JillieBug in the house and Trouble and
Sam in my heart.

May your lives be blessed with bliss