From:
Jane Odell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:44:21 -0000
Hi again,
The reason why my fuzzy 5 are kept outside is for various reasons, all for
their benefit (well nearly all)

They now all live in purpose built hutches in a wooden shed, which leads
out into a large pen, measuring 8ft long, 6ft wide and 5ft high.  Its
crammed with pipes, balls hammocks etc etc.  They have access through
hoses, pipes and ladders to the run whenever they fancy it.  They get to
sleep where ever they want and with whoever they want (what a life ey! <g>)

I spend 1/2 hour or so before work every morning when i clean their litter
trays, feed them, change water and a quick cuddle.  On my return i stick my
head in and we have a chat, even though i seem to do most of the talking :o)
They are all brought into the house every evening for a couple of hours
interactive play, and they look great!

The reasons for not have them living inside are, firstly i work, i would
not want them all shut up in cages in my absence.  I wouldn`t want them
free roaming with no-one supervising, i see the sort of trouble they get
into when i`m watching :o) Also we don`t have purpose built fert cages here
in the UK, even if they did i`d never be able to fit one into my tiny
little house, this way me and my ferts co-exist in perfect harmony.  They
get the freedom to do as they please, i get to keep my house intact <g>.

If anyone would like to see the ferret court my husband built for them,
e-mail me privately and i`ll scan a photo for you.

  Jane, Harvey, Katy, Phoebe, Casper & Emil
                                ^. .^
                                  *