Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:01:43 EDT
I want to add my sorrow to those who are greiving for Suzanne Resigner.
The ferret community has suffered an irreparable loss, and she will always
have a special place in my heart for her heroic rescue work on behalf of
the ferrets in California.

Many California organizations, including the Department of Fish and Game,
knew Suzanne well enough to work directly with her, and whenever the need
arose, she was there for these most desparate rescues who were under a
death sentence until they reached her warm and loving home.  She did this
without complaint and despite the time, expense, and drain on her financial
and physical resources.

Suzanne gave up her work with rescues only under doctor's orders and I know
it was difficult for her to do so.  We will miss her unfailing support for
our cause, her love of ferrets, and the generosity of her spirit.  I hope
all Californians will stop a moment and reflect on how fortunate we were to
have her help and how many little California rescues Suzanne saved from
euthanasia.  We, especially, owe her a great debt of gratitude.

Safe journey, Suzanne.

Love,
Jeanne