From:
Karen McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 00:06:01 -0400
[Moderator's note: This was sent to Barbara Clay for comment before
it was posted on the FML. Ms. Clay has incorporated her response to
this, if any, in her post following this one.

I feel there's little to be gained (and probably much to lose) by
continuing this discussion on the FML.  All have had their say and I
hope we can agree to leave it as-is. BIG]

>I am confused. Everyone is going after Miss Clay and saying that she
>is picking on Miss Zoo. Did I misread?
>
>>I've been to one sanctuary, and that was Cathy Strobach's. She has
>>a wonderful set up, with love and care. What I saw were 8 week old
>>ferrets and upwards. Those in her care were typical of what we receive
>>everyday in shelters, their stories or origin were no different than
>>what we get. The only difference is that we adopt out, she doesn't.
>>That doesn't mean that I don't respect her for what she does, because
>>I do. I respect and appreciate anyone taking in unwanted ferrets.

No, you haven't misread. You may have missed some things though.

As I've said, I've seen Barb say what she really thinks about Cathy
and her sanctuary. I've seen her "call it as she sees it" in places
where she felt she didn't need to be as polite and respectful as she
knows she must be here on the FML, while simultaneously posting her
"respectful" messages here. What came from the left side of her mouth
elsewhere was a far cry from the polite words that dribbled from the
right side of her mouth here. Stating that Cathy is a collector,
spreading false rumors that she "plays vet" to the ferrets in her care
rather than providing proper medical care, that she "plays God" and
euthanizes on her own (without vet consult), encouraging others to
"take her to task". These are hardly words of respect. And Cathy is
not the only member of the ferret community I've seen Barb do this to.

Barb once told me she only posts to the FML when she has a "hidden"
message she wants to send. She said innuendo is just as damaging, if
not more so, then putting it right out there. She told me if I paid
attention I'd get the message. I'm paying attention. It looks like at
least a few others are too. I'm getting the message. Others seem to be
too.

Barb's post had little to do with the shelter -vs- sanctuary debate and
nothing at all to do with the topic she posted her reply to. Her post
was a message, one carefully designed to rub a little salt into the
already gaping wound she's spent years creating in Cathy's heart.

Maybe if you pay attention to Barb's posts from here on you'll get her
messages too, they're really not all that hard to see.

Karen McCabe
http://www.cinnamonsprite.net
http://www.addictedtoferrets.net