From:
"Jennifer D. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 23:08:13 -0500
I goofed!  I innocently set up a web-based nomination (and later voting)
form for the FML Hero of the Year, without reading all of the messages that
led to the discussion... my sincere apologies to Linda Iroff.  So I hereby
turn the actual serious selection of our official Hero back over to her.

Rather than get rid of the page I have set up, though, I think it would be
fun, and perhaps enlightening, to do a
less-than-formal-and-potentially-even-humorous-but-certainly-not-official
poll of FML readers and contributors.  You know, the kind of contest where
"it's an honor to be nominated" and we all smile a lot to see the names of
people we personally find very inspiring.  And nobody takes the voting too
seriously.

I hope this settles any disputes.  I never meant to steal anyone's
ideas--just careless, that's all.  Me?  Never...

Jen and the Crazy Business
http://home.maine.rr.com/tesseract
Still open for nominations!