From:
Norma Mooney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 10:47:52 +0000
Speaking of carpet diggers...i have one.  My boy [of course ;-)], Leo,
insists on scratching at the carpet at the door that leads out of the
bedroom here at my Mom's place.  When i was living on my own he never once
scratched at the carpet.  i think that is due to the fact that at my
place, the carpet was completely tacked down under the door, but here you
can lift it up and it has that nifty rubber backing that is so much fun to
scratch up.

We bought some of that clear, heavy plastic, carpet runner stuff and duct
taped it down all across that area.  So guess what Leo did...  he took one
look at it and immediately started to peel off the tape.  Smart little
fuzz-butt!  The little peaks would keep him from scratching if we could just
keep it there, but i guess you really need to nail it down all the way
around, and my Mom isn't really up for that.  So, now, the carpet is
completely ruined in that area.  Sorry, Mom.

Good thing Leo is "her little favourite".

BTW...if you have that rubber backing on your carpet, be sure to douse it
with bitter apple and keep an eye out for any pieces that may be scratched
off.  i've heard this is one of the bigger causes of intestinal blockages.

Take care...

Norma-ann,
President of SOFA
and Mom to Molly (the good), Leo (the terrible), and Maggie (the
newby)!