From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:12:23 EST
For those of you who have metal litter boxes that are rusting, I found a
company that makes acrylic ones.  The one I purchased was just the right
size for the cage I had purchased when I took in the burnt ferret Maria.

Within 2 years, the metal one had started rusting, and I was looking at
getting an entirely new cage, or finding a special size litter box.  I
could not find the right sized cage anywhere, or the litter box until I
came across the company Crafty Creatures.

The front end of the box I chose is very low, so that Maria, who now has
hind leg weakness, can get into it.  Otherwise, she only uses the edge of
rug and tile, or the edge of paper.  She prefers the edge of the rug,
most likely because she has much better traction here.  the litter box is
quite long for multiple ferret use.

The company is Crafty Creatures.  I waited about a month to see if all
went well.  Everyone immediately adapted to this box.

Save money in the long run: Because the front end is so low, I am putting
in much less litter.  so there is much less to replace than with the
large cat boxes I also use.  The company was on-line, and located out of
Florida.