From:
Kayla Saline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:04:29 -0700
Hello gang,
I hope all is well with fuzzies and humans alike.  I am writing this to
ask a very important question.  Everything that I have ever read on our
fellow fuzzbutts and everyone that I have ever talked to has said that
when cleaning ears, you are NEVER supposed to stick the q tip inside of
the ear canal, which I thought was general knowledge.  My vet (who was
strongly recommended as one of the very few ferret knowledgeable vets
here in town) ALWAYS tries to clean my ferrets ears when I take them in
for their shots and he ALWAYS sticks the q tip inside of the ear canal.
I have tried telling him that that was not good for them and he could
potentially burst an ear drum that way, but he always replies that it
doesn't hurt them.  What do ya'll think, particularly any vets on this
mailing list?  Like I said earlier, he is the only ferret "knowledgeable"
here in town.  What do you recommend I should do?  Any responses, either
here or to my private email addy, would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kayla, Harley, Ihop, and Vienna