From:
"fur. chaos. weezilarchy." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 21:44:55 -0700
i've been using the ferret store for several months now, really love their
site, and the ferrets really like the superior choice food.  but this past
order has been subject to the most delivery screw-ups of anything i've ever
had shipped.... the story follows...

one month ago, i placed an order for a 20-pound bag of TFS food.  knowing
that the shipping can take up to a week and half or so, i ordered it two
weeks before a scheduled vacation, and well before i expected the food i
had to run out.  with free shipping, i do expect a somewhat leisurely
delivery, no big deal, i just plan for it.

i still have not recieved this bag of food.

when i returned from my vacation, on monday, july 30, i recieved a call
from the customer service dept.  the bag of food had apparently been
returned, "no such address." the box number of my campus address had gotten
tacked onto my home address.  now, why the fedex person couldn't just say
"hrm, this is a house, there's no box 51 here, i guess," i will never know.
my boy says this is not the fedex person's fault, and that if the label
is wrong and they make a logical conclusion, they can be screwed over for
it, so i suppose i won't blame the fedex person too much.  just a little
more than a little.

the ferret store rep who spoke to me on the phone assured me that it would
be re-delivered, and apologized for the confusion.

a week later, my ferrets were getting *really* hungry.  as they looked at
me with sadness in their sinking eyes, i could not explain to them why i
didn't have their food.  (okay, seriously, i've just been feeding them
iams in the interim.  but it's more tragic if the ferrets are starving.) i
called on monday the 6th, and spoke with a customer service rep, who found
out that the food had been returned yet *again*.  this time, it had
apparently been refused by the recipient on wednesday (or thursday, i
forget) of the previous week.  i can only assume that fedex attempted to
deliver it to somewhere other than my house, as i was home all day both
days, and no-one in my household would have refused the package.

today (friday), my boy called TFS, and they said the package shipped
wednesday, and should arrive monday--a month and three days after i
placed the order in the first place.

i don't really feel that this is the ferret store's fault, per se. i do
kinda feel like the problem was handled a bit flippantly by the CS
department, but they were nice enough... just didn't seem to understand
that this was a majpr inconvenience. but anyway.

the point is, has the way shipping's handled with TFS changed recently?
has anyone else had any problems, or has the universe just decided to
toss an extra helping of entropy my way?

-k-

=====
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.