From:
Mary Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 15:05:50 -0600
Regarding several posts from the last week -- I've been really busy
at work and haven't been able to "talk" until now.

Plant Digging -- Merritt loved to dig in my plants!  Many times I
would come home to find dirt all over the floor and not much left in
the pot.  I put white rock on top of the dirt, but it was even more
fun to dig out the rocks!  The squirt gun was also well received - he
liked the water.  So now they are all "out of reach" but I'm sure not
"out of mind" ... as he loves to demonstrate when we visit grandma's
house.
Shedding -- I noticed last week when we had the usual struggle to
trim the nails that he was shedding a lot.  I'm not sure why, it not
that warm in Omaha yet.
Phones -- Merritt's big thing is to chew on the phone cord and/or
drag the phone off ... but only when I'm talking on it.

To R. Daniel Paddock -- Merritt is very quiet.  The only times I ever
hear him make any noise is when he is very happy (a little squeek) or
when we are in fight mode (hissing).  Usually I can barely hear him.

Now for a question.  I have been find tiny bumps on Merritt for the
past nine months or so.  They start out as small white bumps, then I
think he must scratch them because they scab over and dry up.  By the
time I'm able to get to the vet they are too dry for her to analyze.
Does anyone know what this may be?  Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Happy weekend to all the carpet sharks and those they own.