From:
"Church, Robert Ray (UMC-Student)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:28:24 -0600
MEDICINE REMINDERS:

One of the things I forgot to mention when I discussed the hospital cage
table was that I hang a small (5x7 in.) dry erase board on the front of
the cage.  I used a black permanent marker to draw three columns and 5
rows.  I then use a blue WET erase marker to list the medications in the
middle column.  Each time I give a medicine, I write down the (military)
time in the right column next to the name of the medicine using a red DRY
erase marker.  In the left column next to the name of the medicine, I use
a green DRY erase marker to write down the NEXT scheduled (military) time
the ferret needs to take the medicine.  I reserve the top row for feeding
times.

The rows look something like this:

1200_____Chicken Gravy_____1600
1300_____Eye Ointment______2000
1300_____Flagyl____________1900
1300_____Ferretvite________1300

I can see at a glance that I fed the ferret at noon and the next feeding
is at 4 pm, I gave eye ointment at 1pm and the next application is due at
8 pm, I gave Flagyl at 1 pm and the next dose is due at 7 pm, and I gave
vitamins at 1 pm and next dose is due tomorrow at the same time.  Using
this method, I never forget what I have to do and when I have to do it
again.  While I also write down the times in the ferret's medical record,
I can be across the room and see the board and know it is time to feed or
give a medication.  More importantly, so will anyone else who is caring
for the ferret.

When I wipe off the times, written in dry erase marker, the medicines
and table lines remain on the board.  A little bit of window cleaner
will take off the medicine names, but leaves the table lines behind.  (1
email)

Bob C