From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:24:50 EDT
Raisin haters;
None of my ferrets like raisins.  I think they read the package and saw
that they were from California and that was enough to spoil their taste for
them (must be closet FLO members).  If anyone knows of a brand of raisins
that doesn't come from CA they might be persuaded to reconsider.  They
don't like Cheerios either.  Most of mine love popcorn caps (the fluffy
part without the hulls).

Sandboxes;
I use wood stove pellets for litter.  I keep the extra pellets in a very
large storage bin (holds 100 lb.) My guys love to dig in it.  Suprisingly,
none have attempted to use it as an oversized litter box.

Ill ferrets;
Disclaimer- I am not a vet, nor do I play one on TV.  There have been
several confirmed cases of a very strong coccidea.  These were only
confirmed after death.  Fecal exams that were done while they were ill were
negative.  Symptoms were; nausea, vomiting, lethargy, diarrhea (ranging
from mild to severe projectile), wasting, and in some cases, mouth sores.
Check with your vet.  The medication of choice for coccidea is Albon.  Even
if coccidea can't be confirmed, a course of Albon would probably be worth a
try as long as other medications wouldn't conflict.

Plastic carpet runners;
I love them.  The ferrets hate them.  I don't think Scooter will ever
forgive my interference in his quest to dig to China!

Ferret fur bears;
Ferrets raised for their fur are called fitch ferrets and are raised on
what's called a fitch farm.  This was done in the US but, as I understand
it, the fur quality was too inconsistent to make it profitable (good thing).
There was a man local to my area who attempted this in the early/mid 80's
(so I'm told).  I'm not 100% sure, but I think there are still fitch farms
in Europe.

SP
"There are no perfect plans, only perfect intentions"
                             unknown