From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:56:33 -0400
Simba blocked again by 1:30 this morning. I worked with him to the best
of my ability to no avail, not one drop of urine. We were at the clinic
when they opened and when the vet came in he knew immediately why we
were there, as did the techs. Simba had his bladder emptied and
flushed. A lot of gunk came out yet again, bits that were too big to
pass without help.

At this point I'm not sure how to help Simba. He is still in good
spirits when he can urinate, but visiting the vet so frequently is
taking a toll on both of us in more than one way. If we knew exactly
why he keeps blocking we might be able to figure out a way to help
im but there are several issues and the exact one so far hasn't been
pinned down. We've found struvite crystals so he is taking Vit C to
help break them down, he is adrenal and is on lupron (since his
deslorelin implant wore off), he has a cystic prostate and is on lupron
and finasteride and baytril, he has an unknown lump in the area behind
his bladder....

I know Simba isn't ready to leave our realm but we are running out
of options.... I truly don't want to end his life prematurely, it is
tearing me apart....

I've scheduled an appt for Saturday morning to try and decide what
to do for him. I don't know how much longer I can keep up with this
financially, emotionally and physically. I am fortunate my bosses are
allowing me the flex time to take off work as needed to take Simba to
his vet repeatedly but this can't go on for much longer.

I'm feeling lost here... What am I missing????

Please send healing thoughts, prayers, energies to Simba to heal from
this horrible ordeal.

tle