From:
"D. bones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:04:52 -0400
Her name was Princess SweetyPie, she was from Tenn. Another family
became bored with her and her two sisters. She was a biter, we don't
know why. But it didn't take long for her to win her daddy's heart. She
soon learned that she could lay in daddy's hands and preen and get
scritches. I don't remember when she was diagnosed with insuloma and
adrenal. Despite several months of carefully controlled diet,
melatonion implants, and prescribed doses of prednisone, our Princess
SweetiePie, started to lose her gallant fight.

Sunday morning early, she started to go into horrible grad mall
seizures. Despite every trick in the book, her seizures became more
severe by the hour. Arrangements were made with out vet, and we
reluctlentley set her free.

Needless to say her passing, like the others is a personal hurt to me.
Lately we've lost three in the past five months. Three that were a
"bother" to their former owners. Three of the kids we care for, feed
hold, tell stories to. Three of our family that someone else didn't
have time for. Three of our family we wouldn't part with for anything
in the world.

Lately it's been eating at me that folks "lose interest", or become
bored with or just "discard" these fascinating little critters. I'm
glad to be able to be able to lovingly welcome and accept these sick or
old fur kids. I'm glad to be able to offer the naked ones fleece sleepy
sacks, or even my own jacket for them to feel safe in for their naps.
I'll never refuse to feed sick ones no matter what hour. I'll accept
the lack of vacations, I'm their to care for them in the long run.
 But today I'm torn with a silent anger that months ago another family
became tired or bothered with their pet ferrets and added to the list
of discarded or surrendered or throw away fur kids. Today I'm planning
the burial of a much beloved little girl ferret. No more will I be able
to feel her draped over my shoulder as I sing silly little songs to her
about her being "my Princess SweetyPie, the apple of her daddy's eye"
I'll miss those silly little songs, I'll miss her preening in my hands,
I'll miss her naps as she lay upside down in my hands.

Today I'll bury someone's "throw away" And I'm proud that I had a
chance to love and care for a Princess. I just hate their passing,
its such a ragged hole in out lives. I really hate it.

I wonder if her former owner miss her at all, I sure do

The Winchester weasels, missing Mr. B, Dweezle, the handsome Ginger,
the lovely Cher, Zebby the thief of hearts, Angel, who was in ferret
form,