From:
LaCouture <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 05:49:39 -0700
It seems that I have always had ferrets in my house. From the very
first ancient old-man ferret Mike that we adopted [he lived to be
somewhere between 10-12 years] to my last two sweet boys who crossed
the Rainbow bridge together yesterday.

It breaks my heart to no longer have a fuzzbutt under foot.

As circumstances go, we are in the midst of selling our home and
moving, so to get any ferts at this time would be....foolhardy.

And I am just not sure 'how much' my heart is into it right now. I have
lost 5 ferrets in 4 years and with each passing my heart broke a little
bit more.

Maybe someday we can have another ferret [or three] but just not right
now. Our youngest child is almost finished with high school and when
she goes off to college we plan on traveling a bit which will be tricky
enough with a Jack Russell terrier.

To anyone considering adopting, it's a wonderful and rewarding
experience.