From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 10:29:55 -0700
I posted this on the board the other day.
One thing to remember, if you get the two fingers between her head she
can't bite you at all.  Go to a Pet Store and play with the kits and try to
hold their necks with the two fingers next to your thumb.  This will give
you a handle on how to do it quick.  Some of the kits nip good.

Scuff the ferret's neck and drag the animal on the floor making noises
(hissing) like a momma ferret does.  Also, scruff the ferret and put it's
face up to yours and say No Bite in a firm voice.

Put some Vitamins the ferret likes on your hands and let them lick it off.

Also, put some soda pop in the palm of your hand on your fingers and let
the ferret lick.  Ferret's with Insulmina should not have sugar tho.

Blow in the ferret's face, they really don't like this.

While the ferret is biting, scruff the neck real tight.  Sometimes, the
ferret will let go and sometimes not.

While the ferret is biting you, bite it back, but be careful it doesn't
turn to bite you where you are biting them.  Better yet, have someone else
bite them this way you can focus on your fingers and the person on the
animal.

Also, lighty push your finger into their mouths.

The other thing which works well for our kits.  Close your hand so put your
thumb under the fingers.  Meaning your palm is closed shut.  I find the
kits can't find a good spot to nip so they don't nip.

Try to use a towel when playing.  Most kits nip and this is normal.  We
rarely use our hands when playing with our ferret's.

These are just suggestions.

You can visit these websites.

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083/probintro.html

http://www.ferret.net/training/nobiting.htm