Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 10:16:14 -0500
Helen, I am not a vet but I did just lose one of my boys to unknown
illnesses... His started with urinary problems and progressed from there.
Please keep a close eye on Felicia and continue to cage her at night so
you can monitor her eating, drinking, and elimination habits.  You may
ask your vet what is a reasonable amount of time to expect some noticable
improvements if the antibiotic is working.  If she does not show
improvements ask your vet about changing antibiotics.  Remember, each drug
does not affect every type of infection/illness.  Sadly, flu and pneumonia
causing bacteria are opportunistic (they attack when you/your ferret are at
your weakest).  Don't worry though, there are antibiotics for flu/pneumonia
in ferrets.  Just stay on top of things.

Kiss felicia and assure her that there are many ferret angels watching over
her.

Melinda and the 7 fuzzbutts (Farley, Avery, Lance, Logan, Kermit, Nova...)
and Luke - my ferret angel, first in life and now eternally...