From:
Megan Leigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:43:37 -0400
I noticed the "bad reaction" post and I wanted to post about what happened
to one of my ferrets last year since it is almost time to get their shots
again for this year.  Jada (1 year old at the time) had gotten both of her
shots and as soon as I stepped out into the waiting room to pay she had an
instant, very bad reaction.  I am assuming it was from the distemper but I
can not be certain.  She went totally life-less (I thought she was dead).
Her eyes were rolled to the back of her head, she was limp and all.  The
nurse took her to the back and I suppose they gave her a shot of benedryl
and brought her back out to me.  When they handed her to be a TON of blood
shot out of her.  Now, I am wondering if I should not get her shots done
because the 2nd time around is always worse and it could kill her.  Any
suggestions, advice, or anything...  Their shots are due in October.

Thanks Guys,
-Megan