From:
Melissa Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:05:34 -0500
Hey!
Among other things, I'm a 'furry', a fan of cartoon animals, and a
regularly go to a few related conventions a year.  (think Star Trek
conventions, but for Bugs Bunny and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans).
I was THRILLED when I got notice from one that I go to every year,
called Anthrocon, that their chosen charity is gonna be Support our
Shelters(http://www.anthrocon.org/info.cgi/charity).  The furries are a
generous bunch, and last year the convention raised over $13,000! for
a service dog group.  Each year we manage to make more for the chosen
charity, so I'm hoping we'll break $15,000.

I just felt like mentioning it.  A lot of people don't like 'fans' and
think we're weird, but I'm always glad when we can do something for the
community.  And I've been recommending ferret-related charities to the
Anthrocon group for years :D  About time they listened :)

Melissa Smith (nee Drake)