Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:32:08 -0500
Hi everyone,

A quick update on Thelma's ultrasound ... while I had a hard time figuring
out the grey areas, the two vets (one for the ultrasound and the other was
my vet) found all that they were looking for and then some!  The ultrasound
did not show a tumor, however, what it did show was a mass of some sort on
the right side of my little baby.  To all you knowledgeable ferret people
out there - this is bad news.  (Quick history - we went in for surgery in
November last year and saw nothing and decided to wait a bit longer).  We
are going in again on Thursday next week.  Hopefully, the mass they saw was
gas (!!) and the tumor is on the left so my little girl will be ok, but the
prognosis does not look good.  On the lighter side, this little girl is
going to break my heart because she is such a little brat - other than being
completely bald, (which is somewhat amusing at times), she is still her
normal, hyper active aggressive (playfully) self which just about makes me
pee my pants everytime I play with her ... she is the best.

A quick question - if it is on the right, and he just sews her back up, what
kind of life expectancy do they have with the tumor, also, what about their
quality of life?  Any help on this would be great ....

TWO MORE ?????

Yes, I have succumbed to ferret math ... potentially ... maybe forever ...

I am fostering two boys (no names) who look identical to Thelma and Louise
except for size (man are the boys ever big!!!) These two boys are potential
playmates for Louise as she is lonely now that Thelma wants no more to do
with her ... So, I am babysitting for a while to see how it works out ...
Last night we introduced them and my poor Louise is so afraid of ferrets now
because of Thelma attacking her that she doesn't really know what to do.
But these boys, bless their hearts, not once did they try and hurt my little
Louisie who was so scared she was trembling.  If after a while I can get
Louise to calm down and trust these boys, they will have found their last
home (I will be their fourth in 1.5 years).  And god I hope it will work.

I need some info from you guys - help hints on introducing a scared ferret
(louise) to two new ones who are wonderfully beautiful great ferts....

AND - THESE TWO WONDERFUL BOYS NEED NAMES - SOME IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT (I
LIKE A PAIR - YOU KNOW TO MATCH SORT OF LIKE THELMA AND LOUISE - BUT NOTHING
MEAN BECAUSE THAT THEY ARE NOT!!!

Funny story about the two boys last night - they weren't in my apartment 20
minutes and they managed to climb up on to one of my end tables (which my
ferrets cannot get to) and knock over my plant and dig it up everywhere, and
then the two of them were rolling around in the dirt and dooking and having
the time of their lives, I was killing myself laughing and trying to hurry
up and find my camera at the same time ... at this point the lady who
brought them to me knew I was a ferret lover to the tee - she asked me if I
was upset, but I was too busy laughing at them - besides get mad at them
over a plant ???  Who was the dumdum that put the plant there ---- uh ??  No
comments!!!

I look forward to hearing from everyone.  If it is not too much to ask I
would appreciate it if you could respond directly to me as I do not always
get to read the digest every morining....

thanks a million,

Marion and her 6 pets (god help me I am going crazy!!!