From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:06:24 -0500
Ticks:
To the poster with the tick-magnet silver mitt:

When we adopted our little silver mitt just over a year ago, among other
things she came with fleas.  It was the first time we ever had trouble with
fleas and our ferrets.  Now given the coloration of our silver mitt (named
"Rosie" originally because of her very pink skin) and the coloration of our
other ferrets (light and dark sables), fleas were easy to see on Rosie.
The fleas weren't as easy to see on the other ferrets, but they existed
none the less.  Could it be that your silver mitt just shows the ticks
more visibly then the others?

Cameras:
>Can you list what type of digital camera's you all use to take them cute
>ferret pictures?  Maybe list a website so we can see how well the pictures
>are and maybe how experienced you are at taking pictures?  I've looked at
>digital camera's for almost a year and just can't seem to find one I really
>like.

Our website features pictures of our ferrets taken both by digital camera
and by a 35mm camera (prints scanned in later).  You can find our website
at:

        http://www.servtech.com/~greenman/ferrets.html

Now unless I tell you, I doubt you'll be able to pick out which is which
from the webpage.  In fact, I don't recall which ones are which myself with
the exception of the the two pictures at the very top were 35mm pics and
the picture of Pippi was a digital one.  Used in a webpage like they are,
you'll see little difference in the scanned 35mm vs.  digital.

That brings me to the point that you have a variety of choices in getting
digital images - digital cameras, scanned in prints, and even photo
processing now offers on-line as well as pictures stored on cd-rom/floppy
choices.  While I am in no way advertising for my employer, you can visit
Kodak's web page at http://www.kodak.com for general information the these
choices as well as product information.  Even if you are interested in a
digital camera from another manufacturer, there is still alot of good
information on taking pictures and the digital choices available at Kodak's
website.

My suggestion to you would be that if you can't find a digital camera that
suites you right now, keep looking. The features, costs, and capabilities
keep changing. Sooner or later you will find the right camera or solution
for you.

-kim, squirt (why do I feel so bad?), pippi (meep!), atlas (yum!),
jinx (lick!),  and rosie (zoom!)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.