From:
"Christine L. Vibostak" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:40:34 EDT
First I would like to thank everyone who responded to my last post about
Fred eating his Blankie!  You are all very insightful and very helpful.
Thanks for taking the time to write!

Well, I took the plunge into multiple ferrets.  We were a 1 ferret
household, until tonight that is!  I took my oldest son to the pet store
to get some more fish for his tank and while he was looking at the fish me
and my 2 little ones went browsing.  In the rear of the store was a small
cage with 2 albino ferrets in it.  I asked the owner of the store how old
they were since they were so big and he told me that his supplier cut him a
deal on them as they were leftovers from Christmas!!!!  The one I got is 3+
pounds, the other is a little smaller.  I could only get the one for now
since he would only take cash and I didn't have much with me.  They are
Marshall Ferrets.  This guy is so big he can't even fit thru the funnnels
that Fred has in his cage.  We named him Powder.  We also went to a few
other stores in the area that had ferrets and I also liked a little tiny
one, I think he is a Panda, but I am not sure.  Who knows, maybe he will be
our next addition!  Fred needs someone his own size I think, he seems to be
a little intimidated by Powder since he is only 1.5 lbs, they get along,
but Powder doesn't play very much and Fred is a high engery kinda guy.  Any
input on the size of Powder would be appreciated, I have read alot about MF
and small ferrets, but none of the large ones.

Thanks!
Chris, Fred, Powder and Family