From:
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 16:42:55 -0400
Hello my friends, I have some news to share with you all.  The FAS is
moving.  We will be moving to Lakeshore and Islington, about 20 minutes
from where the FAS is now.  I know this may come as a shock to many of
you, it's still quite shocking to me too.  I simply can not afford the
house the FAS is in now and needed to find a more suitable location for
my budget.

Ever since my mom passed away, I've been struggling to keep this house
for the ferrets in hopes one day things would get better.  I've lived
with crazy roommates just to be able to afford the bills and it's just
not working out.  Both my current roomies are leaving as of July 1st
so this means I either lose the house completely or sell it and find
something new/cheaper.

SO, I have found something cheaper.  The new location will be more easily
accessible to those of you who live in Toronto.  The street car runs 24
hours and stops near our front door.  The new location will still be
convenient to many of you who currently volunteer for us as we are very
close to the QEW/Gardner.

The new location is also commercially zoned which means we can FINALLY
become a 'legal' shelter and not have the worries about zoning and issues
with the city.

While selling my family home is not something I want to do, I simply
can not afford to have the shelter and my home.  I had to chose and as
always, I chose the shelter.  Having to leave here is a very emotional
choice for me, this is where I had a mother and many fond memories.  All
of this has to happen very quickly or I will lose everything.  My house
must be ready for sale in 2 weeks.

All of the ferrets at the shelter need to be moved into foster homes
until I can get this house sold.  I'm asking for some help with this.
If anyone can help house ferrets from July 2 to the beginning to mid
August, PLEASE let me know.  Once this house is sold, the ferrets can
come back until it's time to move to our new place in September.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>