From:
Dave++ Ljung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 1995 10:00:23 MDT
>From:    Christine Haas <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Chris :)

>My vet concurs with her.  He also added that surgery doesn't add anymore
>time to the ferrets life, with or without surgery, their lifespan is the
>same.

Hmm..   this is the same vet who told me to have adrenal surgery done.
Is he claiming that even with surgery, a ferret with an adrenal tumors
will only live another year, or that ferrets over the age of three with
adrenal tumors will only live another year?

Because my ferret had an adrenal tumor removed over three years ago (by
the very same vet), and he was doing fine until he just got another
tumor recently :(.  (Though I don't think you can automatically assume
they are related.)

>He also has not seen muscle mass loss or lethargy.

Although it's been a while, I remember seeing a *big* difference in how
Max acted after having his first adrenal tumor removed - I remember him
seeming much happier and alive.  I also remember this same vet (whom I do
respect!) telling me that often the other adrenal gland will compensate
for the missing one.

Of course, he's quite a bit lethargic these days since he doesn't have
either adrenal gland, but he's alive and he sure seems happy (if not a
bit dopey ;).

Max (yawn), Sag, Kodi T. Bear, Cinder T. Cat, Dave T. Human