Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 2010 08:22:08 -0800
We have a 4-5 year old ferret in what seems to be good health. The only
problem is he is a little less active than what we would expect and he
has runny stools. The stools can be runny and green to normal. Sometime
they can be seedy looking. He does play and get excited but not as
often as he used to. If it wasn't for the stools we would think it
was age.

His stool had all one type of bacteria in it which worried our vet,
because when he sees it in cats there is a problem. He had two weeks of
Clavamox and it seemed to improve but came back. Today he is finishing
another course of Clavamox but his stools didn't improve. We took in a
stool sample today but it didn't show any parasites or anything. He
doesn't appear to have any other disease process going on but all
we've done so far is physical exam, temp, and stool samples. No lumps,
tendorness, no temps other than normal temp)

Again if it wasn't for the stool sample I wouldn't worry. We have not
changed anything in his life like detergents, water, food, treats which
have been the same for over two years. I take that back we do rotate
toys every week or two.

Does anyone have any ideas on what we could consider. I'm thinking of
taking him in and having a complete blood work up and x-rays, but I
wanted to see if there was anything to watch for.

Thanks

Mike