From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:10:59 -0500
Alll-ight!  This is Duff MacDuff Ferret's WIFE!  My name is MISSUS Maggie
Mae Moxie MACDuff and My Duff is just too tired to be making all these
here announcements for The Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc.  After all,
he's nearly ten years old, same age as me!  Never mind that!  *I* wear
the fur in this family!  You sprites and ferret females can just go away,
don't you be lookin' at My Duff or I'll give tou a sharp bite on your
ears.  Alright, so my teeth are dull...but you'll get a hard pinch, so
don't you be looking at My Duff!  That's MY ferret!

So, what was I 'sposed to be doing, here?, Oh, Yeah!  Announcements.
Well, this here ferret (MRS. McDuff, to you sprites!) along with all
the rest who live here want to sincerly thank the latest humans who sent
what they could to our Sanctuary's Generator Fund to help our humans
get a backup power generator so that ferrets like MY DUFF would'nt be
suffering in the humid Florida heat when the power is stricken out by the
hurricanes that seem to so much like to pass through every year.  First
there was Hurricane Ivan, three and a half days out of power.  Then, more
recently, Hurricane Dennis knocked out the power for nearly six days.
Our humans worked themselves into near exhaustion trying to keep all of
us cool and even though they fought so hard, we lost Little Prince Albert
ferret to something very like heat-stress pneumonia that he was just too
frail to get over, even after two vets did their best to help him.
That's when our humans became determined to get SOME kind of home
generator so that none of us ferrets would ever again suffer, and so the
humans wouldn't worry and fret so, over us.  They're old and retired,
too, and can't keep up like the young whippersnappers like you sprites
that I TOLDJA not to be looking at MY Duff!

So here are some more Great Hearted Humans to add to our list of folks
to be sincerely thanked for their contributions to our Generator Fund.
A round of ferrety applause for.....

Lisa Oestereich, Deb Carlson, Adona Mara, Susan Hollister, James Conway,
Carol Berg, Jessica McAleer, Laraine Bennett, Ann Barnhouse.

Also another round of applause for Mr. and Mrs. Barta of Nebraska who
are taking the 37 doves that have been staying indoors in their show-dove
cages, waiting for the weather to get decent (not so ferret-goned hot)so
they can be shipped.  These doves have been driving US crazy...some of
them coo off-key and out of sync.

ONE of them has been "yip-yipping" so that she sounds exactly like the
next-door neighbor's little chihuahua.

What do you call that, a myna-dove?

If anyone among the rest of you want to mention this to your humans,
tell them to send whatever funds they might want to (and made out to) The
Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc.  3815 Tom Lane Drive, Pensacola, Florida,
32504, or, if your humans might rather use PayPal, there are several
PayPal "make a donation" buttons here...

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html

Thanks for your attention...except you ferret-nosed sprites!

Stop looking at MY Duff!...sez I, that's who!, I'm MRS.  Maggie Mae Moxie
MacDUFF!