From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 07:06:45 -0600
Not too long ago, Dr. Williams recommended isopropyl alcohol instead of
mineral oil for cleaning ferret ears. I use it now, and they still don't
like ear cleaning, but it works great. I dip a cotton swab in the alcohol
and then wipe around the ear where I can see reddish-brown wax buildup,
and it comes right off. I stay away from the ear canal because that's the
part that's most sensitive and I don't want to rupture their eardrums.

Linda