Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2012 02:16:52 -0700
>Those may be okay, but the wood-pellet products that are specifically
>sold for animal litters are not suitable for ferrets. They contain too
>much pine resin, which is sticky and leads to the litter being tracked
>all over, and more to the point: the volatiles in the sap can be
>Irritating to a ferret's nasal passages and even lead to illness.

Huh? I have been using wood stove pellets for over five years now and
have never come across any with "pine resin" or that were in the least
bit sticky Where on earth do you live where you find pellets like that?
Wood stove pellets don't have "pine resin" in them as it would cause
them to burn too quickly.

I've bought various brands here in the Seattle area at Safeway, QFC,
Fred Meyer, Albertsons, Lowe's, Home Depot and a few different farm and
feed stores. Probably at least ten different brands and NONE have been
what you are describing. And many of them specifically state on the bag
that they can be used as "small animal bedding" as well as for horse
stalls.

I think you're confusing wood CHIPS - aka, the stuff people put in
hamster cages - with pellets.