From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 12:53:29 -0500
We had a sudden total power crash so hopefully my thank you to Jeff got
there just fine.  If Meltie turns out to need Carafate we'll try the cherry
liquid kind.  She has to be off aspirin now, so if she makes it okay through
today she'll start mega doses of Vitamin E tomorrow as he suggested in hopes
that it will have the effect of inhibiting Vitamin K and so acting as a
safer mild anticoagulant.  Since she's feeling so crummy today we don't want
to start it yet in case she associates it with feeling terrible.  If she
doesn't improve enough we'll have to take a very difficult action tonight or
tomorrow morning.  So far, she has stopped bleeding and she has not cried
now for about an hour, and has stopped shivering so those are good changes.

Poor little thing got so upset when she had runs in my clothing, but, hey,
those things happen.  I knew the risk when I put her in my shirt to warm her
up.

She has a small gardenia coming today; since it is in bloom the smell should
cheer her some.  Also put perfume on her and have been playing her favorite
CDs.

Re: grand mal seizures: with Ruffle it got to the point where we had to use
phenobarbital elixir 20 mg/5 ml, 1/4 ml (5 drops) twice daily.  At that
point she weighed 2 and 1/2 pounds if memory serves.  It did work.  Of
course it has it's own nasty points, but it is an option when options
finally become rare, and it sounds like there may be someone here who needs
this info.  I know I should look up who you are, but I don't have any spare
time today beyond this to let folks know what is happening.

Sukie