From:
Jeff Rhin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2007 02:14:25 -0700
Hello everyone, I've been reading the FML for a little while and this
is my first post. I was really hoping it would be a long time before I
made a post like this, and I certainly never thought this would be my
first post. It's been a hard week. I found out my Nubbers has adrenal
earlier in the week.

Friday morning I lost my 6+ year old blind Albino male Zaphod. He
didn't come out with my 5 other ferrets when it was time for their
breakfast of mixed meat and chicken wings. His wifey/partner in crime
Shaylee stood by the cage untill I came over and at first thought he
was playing his dead sleeping ferret trick that he and his "sister"
Old Rose are notorious for.

The vet thinks his heart was too big and just gave out on him while he
was sleeping, we will hopefully know for sure in a few weeks when the
necropsy comes back. Shaylee was distraught and actually crying and
screaming as in pain. Good Old Rose comforted her the best she could
and hasn't left her side. Luckily she is eating again and played for
a little bit, but mostly she just lies in her tent looking sad.

Zaphod is now buried under my Dogwood tree next to another furry friend
he didn't get to meet, my black cat Darth Shiddious who passed 2 years
ago. I buried him with his 2 favorite toys, a little fuzzy red ball
with a bell, and a balled up pair of socks. I was only lucky enough to
have him for 2 months of his 6+ year life, but I will never forget him.
Rest in peace my little blind buddy. I hope you are at Rainbow Bridge
right now, able to see again and playing with all your friends and
family that went before you. Thank you for letting me get to know
you, being my cuddle buddy, and being such a good hubby to my Shaylee.
Please come visit her (and me) in our dreams so that we will know you
are ok. I love you little man.

I know it sounds a bit silly coming from a grown man, but could the
Rainbow Bridge greeters make sure he gets settled in ok? Tell him to
look up Darth Shiddious, he's one cool cat that will look out for him.
And ask him to visit Shaylee and Old Rose and the rest of the gang
in their dreams and let him know he is ok. We all miss him terribly.
Please tell him that me, Jeff, and his ferret buddies Old Rose,
Nubbers, Cleopatra, Lasher, and his wifey Shaylee miss him so much
and will never ever forget him.

P.S. While I'm already a bit of an emotional wreck, I'd like to send a
big thank you to Lori, everyone involved with the DMK rescue, and those
who have posted their stories of the DMK ferrets they have taken in. It
really does my heart good to hear that these ferrets are slowly coming
around and learning that us hoomans aren't so bad afterall, and
learning how to play like ferrets should. THANK YOU!!!!