From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:01:11 -0700
Thank you for your comment and question as to whether or not the DEW
could be deaf.  From the best I can tell........she is not.  I believe
that something has happened in her life that has caused her to want to
bite?  She has trust issues.

I am very happy to report that the new rescues are right in on the action
with our Merlin.  Each morning they get a little treat as I clean out
their litter boxes.  The DEW is now coming without having to be coaxed -
this is a good improvement I feel.  She is getting easier and easier to
handle without the fear of her wanting to bite.  I will not say that she
may never bite again - but I can handle how things are now if they were
never to improve beyond this.  I have to say that it was a concern of my
husbands and I's before adopting the bonded pair because of this.  I do
not enjoy getting bit!  We have reptiles ( no snakes ) and so we are
aware of what a nasty bite different animals can give........never a
good thing.  Our parrot loves my husband but will bite me every chance
he can get!!

All and all I feel that things are going good.  I still have a slight
problem with the single albino releasing her "perfume" lol........but
am hoping that as she gets older and use to everyone - this will become
less and less??

Today is the furkids laundry day.  I take out and replace all their
bedding with fresh and clean blankets - clean the entire cage - shelves -
scrub and disinfect the litter boxes etc....... During this time - it is
out time for them during the day where they can run and play with each
other until I am done.  Then I join them until they are ready for a nap
at which time they go back to a clean and fresh cage.  They however will
take a few minutes usually to re-decorate things back to their liking!
lol............ They are such fun !  They will usually not want out for
as long in the evening on cleaning day..... Is this normal?  With Merlin
and Smudge - they were ready to play anytime and all the time.........so
this is a little different now.

Have a good day!
"Jumpin Fuzzbutts"