From:
Levade Seven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 02:47:36 EDT
I usually just hover and read since I am still learning but I felt it was
about time to say something.  I have about 5 pet stores and 6 or 7 feed
stores close by (within 30 min. driving distance).  There is only one I
will deal with.  This pet store does not carry ferrets unless it is brought
in for adoption.  I am not putting down pet stores who carry ferrets.  I
got mine from a pet store.  The problem I have is that this area does not
seem to be a highly populated ferret area so ferret items are limited.
The people who work in the stores I won't deal with don't even have a clue
about most of the items I ask about, thats why I stop going to them.  There
is a Petco about an hour from my house and I will USUALLY go there FIRST.
I have never had a problem with the staff and many of them own ferrets
themselves.  The recent post about the ferrets dying was very sad but you
can't just jump down the employees throats.  From my experience most of
them are just young kids.  If the air circulator stopped or wasn't working
properly they probably wouldn't know how to fix it or to even tell the
difference.  If you want to blame somebody blame the managers or owners
for not properly instructing the employees.