From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:38:21 EDT
Hello all, I am sorry it has been so long but to save money for the
shelter I had to get rid of our cable modem and had no on line acess
until a few days ago when we had a friend insert a real dial up type.
So I am back :-)

I wanted to update everyone on Brodie the wonder ferret.  He is still
with us, he is a tough little guy but worries me often.  He recovered
real well from his neglect and even got up to 2 pounds, but the he got
sick again and went to under a pund.  Then back up to two pounds, now he
is doing poor again.  We still have not figured out why he does this, he
will stop eating and I will have to force feed him for days and then he
perks up again.  All his blood work is good and x-rays so it is a mistery
as is who left him in the cold to die.

As for Ferrets Etc.  I am still struggling, but trying to make it.  I am
up to 46 ferrets so I go for am to pm never to stop.  Financially it is
killing me but I just do not have the heart to close the shelter.  I am
sure things will turn around and adoptions and donations will pick up
when the economy gets better so until then I just amm trying not to have
my home forclosed on.  :-0 So far I have sold all my jewlery to pay bills
and other such stuff.  I have done rescue on Colorado for 10 years now
and have never seen it so bad.  So many in, so few adopted.  And lots of
old guys.  I have 2 adrenals right now and a old guy named "Charlie" who
came in abused very bad, I am trying to get him back on his feet.

I am still looking for any volunteers to help me with fundraisning ideas
so I do not lose the house or have our utilities shut off.  And any
foster homes would be great.

I just do not have much time to fundraise with all the ferrets, I really
have to clean all day and feed.  Plus my 2 legged children need me as do
the other animals around here.  So any ideas would be great.  I even
tried to write to 200 celebrities to ask for signed memerobilia (sp?) to
raffle off, and guess what not one reponse.  I was very upset at that.  I
am also in desperate need of Fervac-d and amoxi for the crew.

Anyway take care all.
Stephanie Presidebt Ferrets Etc