From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 22:05:35 -0400
I can't believe Bay City hired a law firm to help prosecute this case.
That's what, HUNDREDS of dollars an hour to hire folks to ignore the obvious
facts and sniff out the biased reports, misinformation, and ignorant
organizations out there that will, under oath, claim something we know isn't
true?  I find this disgusting.

I am going to send a fax tomorrow to Gov. Engler to the effect that if he
isn't going to assist by granting a pardon (or he can't), he should donate
money to get Kodo the other rabies test, the one that DOESN'T require that
Kodo be killed.

I work for a Dept. of Statistics - if anyone needs a PhD to compute the
statistical likelihood that Kodo DOES have rabies, just let me know.

Remember that this entire debacle persists in part because people just don't
understand that ferrets make wonderful pets, just like dogs, cats, and small
children (well, to some extent.  since you have to tolerate the kids, you
might as well like 'em :).  Everyone's right - it's very important to
fax/send pictures, include SHORT personal accounts, and generally
demonstrate how much your ferrets mean to you.  DO NOT BE ANTAGONISTIC.  Do
not be irrational and above all, DO NOT THREATEN.  How much would you want
to cooperate with someone who threatened you?  Promise to vote for someone,
promise to visit a particular city, promise to donate to or volunteer for a
particular organization.  "You will get my vote if you do this" is much
stronger than "I will vote for someone else if you don't!"

Btw, I live in the Detroit area and on the 6pm news, CBS and FOX both
announced the MI Supreme Court's stay of execution order, but I didn't catch
anything on NBC.  Both CBS and FOX were positive and FOX showed some really,
really cute ferrets. :)  Go media!!!

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters