From:
TwoSpooky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:07:44 -0500
Hi, all.  I have a pressing need and I hope someone can give me some
insight.  My Gabrielle, the little light of my life, has just been
tentatively diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, and I am panicked and crushed.
She is three, and her only symptom besides a slightly enlarged heart on
x-ray (vet said the left side looked "sloppy") and an off EKG is a soft
cough.  She is still pretty energetic and hasn't once gotten "blue" or had
any emergencies.  In any case, I spent a lot of last night crying instead
of sleeping, and this is the one place where I know folks will understand.

I need info, and I was wondering if there is a cardiomyopathy list (like
the FAIML is for adrenals)?  I am a bit heartened to read in the FAQ that
some ferrets have lived for up to two years after diagnosis, but I need to
know real numbers and I need to be realistic.

Right now, specifically, I need to know what the appropriate dosage for
Enacard is for ferrets -- my vet doesn't trust the textbooks, since she
says they overmedicate.  I also want to find a cardiomyopathy list if
there is one...?

Thanks.

-Tasha